Lately Dylan has been raving on and on about these pulled pork sliders he had at a boys night recently and wanted to see if we could try and make some. Now I have never had a pulled pork slider/ burger so I have no idea what they are supposed to taste like, I wanted to cook something that involved minimal cooking and I could leave it without having to check on the stove every 10 minutes for 8 hours because I just don't have time for that so it needed to be a crockpot/ slow cooker recipe. I scoured pinterest found a few recipes I liked the sound of and then mixed them all together to make this creation.
- 1kg (2.2lbs) Pork Butt with the fat removed
- 2 Brown Onions sliced
- 2 Tbsp Garlic crushed
- 2 Tbsp Brown Sugar
- 1 Tbsp Chili Powder
- 1 Tsp Cumin
- 1 Tsp Salt
- 1 Tsp Cinnamon
- 2 Cups Chicken Stock
- 1 Cup Smokey BBQ Sauce
Marinating the pork
1. In a bowl combine the garlic, brown sugar, chili powder, cumin, salt, cinnamon and half the bbq sauce.
2. Place the pork butt in the mixture and vigorously rub the mixture all over the pork.
3. Cover the pork butt marinade and place in the fridge to marinate over night.
Slow cooking the pork
1. Slice the onions and cover the bottom of the slow cooker with a layer of onion.
2. Place the marinated pork butt on the onion layer.
3. Place another layer of onions over the pork.
4. Pour the chicken stock into the slow cooker.
5. Pour the remaining BBQ sauce over the pork.
6. Cover with lid and cook on low for 8 hours ideally or on high for 6 hours.
7. Once pork is cooked remove from slow cooker and shred meat with forks.
Making the sticky BBQ sauce
1. Once pork has been removed from the slow cooker ladle around 2 cups of cooking liquid into a pan.
2. Let liquid boil and start to reduce.
3. Once the liquid has reduced by half lower the heat and add 2 Tbsp of Smokey BBQ sauce to the liquid.
4. Continue stirring the sauce until it has thickened to your liking.
Serve the pulled pork on a grilled bun with lettuce, cheese and sticky BBQ sauce.
Pulled Pork Burgers with Sticky BBQ Sauce
- Servings: 10
- Calories: 334
- Fat: 19 g
- Carbs: 21 g
- Protein: 19 g
- Sugar: 16 g
- Sodium: 621 mg
- Cholest: 72 mg
What do you think of my Pulled Pork and Sticky BBQ Sauce Recipe?
Do you have a recipe I should try?
Labels: Burger, Dinner, Pulled Pork, Recipes.