I have seen dozens of chocolate covered strawberry carrots all over pinterest lately so I thought that in the spirit of things I would give it a go and try and make my own little carrot garden.
First things first you cannot add water based food colouring to white chocolate because it ruins the chocolate so I had to search high and low for either oil based food colouring or pre coloured chocolate. I was unable to find either but I'm not one to turn down a chocolate covered strawberry so I made them anyway. (Just pretend they are orange)
- Strawberries (rinsed and dried)
- White Chocolate
- Baking Paper
- Begin by rinsing your strawberries and leaving to dry.
- Line a baking sheet or pan with baking paper.
- Melt your white chocolate in the microwave.
- Hold your strawberry carefully by the green leaves and slowly dip and roll the strawberry in the chocolate.
- Continue doing this for all strawberries, you may need to reheat the melted chocolate if it starts to harden.
- Place the chocolate covered strawberries on the baking tray.
- Dip a fork in the melted chocolate and flick all over the strawberries.
- Place strawberries in the fridge to cool, serve once hardened.
Do you like me Chocolate covered strawberry recipe?
Have you made these before?
Labels: Chocolate, Easter, recipe, Strawberries